"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wonderful Recipe!


Our chocolate tart is on the table in front of us...minutes before being devoured!

Below is a recipe to one of the easiest desserts I have ever made! I think that boiling an egg is difficult and time-consuming, so for me to say a recipe is easy...please, believe me! Hutson and I took a class at the Viking Cooking School back in June, and this is the dessert we made. I urge you to make it once...if you don't ever make it again because you find it too complicated then I will reimburse your money to cover the ingredients. (Well, not really. I'm just trying to make a point that this is super simple! :) Bon appetit! (I just saw Julie & Julia, and this phrase is running over and over in my mind.)

Warm Chocolate Tarts

8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (or finely chopped if you buy a block of chocolate)
3/4 C heavy cream
1/4 C whole milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
12 Mini-Graham Cracker Pie Crusts

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place the chopped chocolate in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Combine the heavy cream and milk in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
3. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Allow to stand for 30 seconds, then whisk until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
4. Whisk the egg into the chocolate mixture. Place the tart crusts on a baking sheet. Pour the filling into the crusts, dividing it evenly between them.
5. Bake the tarts just until the edges of the filing are set; the centers will still be a little soft, about 15-18 minutes. Cool the tarts for 15-20 minutes.
6. Top with whip cream.

No comments: