"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Worst Outing EVER!!!

I took Ginger for her 1 year check-up and shots yesterday, and I thought that I was going to pull my hair out or have a breakdown in the waiting room. Ginger was AWFUL!! Of course those who aren't with her on a daily basis could never believe this, but it is true!! Listed below are a few of the things she did that made her mommy go mad:
  • Moving furniture...we're talking the big tables that have several games built into them! The girl's strong!!
  • Trying to escape every time someone opened the door and then screaming her head off like she had been abandoned when she couldn't get out.
  • Peeking into several newborn's carriers and touching them. Needless to say, the parents of the newborns were horrified.
  • Pulling all of the magazines off of the tables.
  • Banging her sippy cup LOUDLY on chairs and tables.
  • Screaming and trying to bite me when I stopped her for above behavior.)
We started off in the well-baby room but the horrific and evil stares I received from parents in there encouraged me to go sit with the sick babies. I found the sick baby parents to be more sympathetic :) Actually, she was a completely different child in the sick-baby room because she was thoroughly entertained by the television. I have an extremely strong-willed child (promise she doesn't get that from me) and am struggling to get her temper under control. As frustrated as I was, I couldn't help but feel so bad for Ginger when she got her shots. Poor baby!! For a brief moment I wondered if she would connect being bad with getting shots and become a perfect angel. Is that bad??

Pictures to prove that shots and Mama disciplining her all day long doesn't get her down!

Happy Happy!!
The girl got my chins! Sorry, hun!!

No comments: